Warranties, Policies & Procedures
SALES EXPERT offers a warranty package on all solar systems sold. Alongside the consumers guarantees that are applied under Australian Consumer Law your rights also sit under this warranty outlined below.
SALES EXPERT provides a standard minimum retailer’s warranty period of 5 years, on the operation and performance of the whole PV system including workmanship and products.
This is additional to any other guarantee or warranty you (the consumer) may have:
- from the manufacturer of the System; or
- under any applicable law, including the Australian Consumer Law.
Whole of System Warranty
SALES EXPERT will offer a minimum 5 year whole of system performance and operation warranty on the solar system installed, see below for detail:
- 5 years
- Minimum of 10 year product and 25 year performance, specified in quote
- Minimum of 5 years and up to 10 years, specified in quote.
Balance of system
- All materials required to complete the installation besides solar panels and Inverter come with a 5 year warranty
- We recommend a 2 yearly service and inspection, however this is not mandatory for this warranty
- our workmanship
- the workmanship of our contractors in installing the System; and
- the operation and performance of the System, will be free from fault or defect for a period of 5 years commencing on the date the System is installed (Guarantee Period), and we will repair any such default or defect notified to us within the Guarantee Period, including by replacing all or part of the System where necessary, within a reasonable timeframe at no cost to you.
SALES EXPERT does not warrant its products from defects or damage caused by:
- Materials or work not provided by SALES EXPERT.
- Unauthorized or abnormal use or negligence
- the System being maintained other than in accordance with the Maintenance Documents
- Exposure to environmental conditions, for example, lighting, storms.
- something done by you or someone else, and not us or our contractors
- the System being repaired, modified, reinstalled or repositioned by anyone other than a service technician approved by us in writing
Any further consumer complaints will be handled in a professional and ethical manner and our procedure is set out in our Complaints Policy – Grievances and Disputes.